Cupcake

Cupcake

Friday, September 5, 2014

Brownies

I am really specific when it comes to brownies. Brownies aren't called cake for a reason, and that reason is: They're not supposed to be cake. They're not supposed to be thick, squishy, or puffy. Though we like this in cake, brownies are different. They're supposed to be flaky, crusty, thin, and most definitely, certainly, without excption, unfrosted!
So many people with their brownie recipes also add on the recipe to the frosting. Every time I see it, it's like, what the heck?!, because frosting is for cake, and brownies aren't cake! I especially hate when people make perfectly good brownies and then ruin it all by putting an inch and a 1/2 more frosting on top then there is brownie. I don't know how many people are with me on this one, but seriously, try it without frosting for once! It's good, I promise.
I love this recipe because there is no frosting included and it's the best brownie I've found in a long time:



Ingredients:


1/2 cup butter


1 cup sugar


2 eggs


1 tsp. vanilla


1/3 cup cocoa powder


1/2 cup flour


1/4 tsp. salt


1/4 tsp. baking powder



Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then grease (Pan cooking spray or something like that) an 8 by 8 pan. (I doubled in this example, so it's a bigger pan.)

2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, not one of those tiny pots. Remove it from heat and stir the sugar eggs, and vanilla into the saucepan.


3. Add in all the dry ingredients and beat the mixture with a whisk.


4. Once it's fully combined, pout the batter into the greased pan and tip it around till it's spread evenly.


5. This step is my personal step. It's what I do instead of frosting. Take a bag of chocolate chips and sprinkle them all over the top of the batter, as much or little as you like. Then put it in the oven.


This is what it looks like after half your family digs in:




No comments:

Post a Comment