Cupcake

Cupcake

Monday, August 25, 2014

Maxi Outfit

School's back! Something I always look forward to with a new school year is a reason to look cute. It's a time to show off your new outfits, people! You have to look good! The other day, my friend and I scrounged around trying to pick a first-day-of-school outfit. I put together a bunch of combinations and had her try them all on for me. We got some pretty cute outfits put together. Now I know for a lot of you this is more like the 5th day of school, but at the beginning of a school year, every day is like the first day with clothes, because you haven't run out of things to wear yet.
My friend I talked about, Ella, had gotten a new Maxi skirt, one of those stretchy, long ones, like this one:


This next one is mine:
Those things are so long, they'd work as a dress. That thought gave us an idea of how to wear the skirts, and we tried it.
First, she pulled the skirt up to the length of a sleeveless dress. It'll probably fall at about mid shins or just below your knees. You might think this is an awkward angle, but trust me, you look great! Then  she pulled on a light, solid aqua sweater. She wrapped a braided white rope belt around the sweater and the skirt at waist length. You can always put a jean jacket on instead of the sweater, just don't put the belt with that. If you have a patterned Maxi, like the one above, use a solid color sweater, so the designs don't clash. Ella had black and white striped skirt, so she used the solid aqua sweater, which is also a great color to go with it.
This is Ella:
                                                     
                                                      This is me, attempting the same look:


                                                     If your skirt is solid, like the one below,
then you can wear a patterned sweater if you really want to, or if that's all you have. Mostly, I would go with the solid one, though, if you have that option. This is me doing it with my jean jacket being ridiculous:
It's kind of fun, and super cute with some wraparound-ankle summer sandals. Some Maxi skirts are shorter up front and flow out long in the back, a veil. If you have one of those, they're super pretty for this outfit. If you live somewhere cold, though, you're running out of time for airy outfits like these, so hurry up!

No comments:

Post a Comment